Powered By Blogger

Thursday, February 11, 2010

post # 3

Today was a fantastic day. I woke up when Joe left for work then slept until 8 am and woke very sad and blue, still with a cold. I  let  the dogs out,  went  back upstairs to lie down and pray for my inner strength.  I was sad that my son Max had moved out, even though I was also glad that it has been decided.  I looked in the mirror for a long time, and I couldn’t get my face to be anything happy or light or nice- it was very sad and ugly.  I decided that I better stop thinking as woman, since femininity is not within my realm of possibilities.  So I left for Brattleboro skipping the PO and the certified letter waiting there for me and got into a head set of being a warrior, a peace warrior- don’t need too much beauty for that. I imagined Mother Theresa, and recalled her little shrunken withered apple face, and said to myself, she did wonders and didn’t need a man to validate her existence. That helped.

I was going to go to the Blue Moose where things are always quiet enough to work, but felt something pulling me to the Elliot Street cafe. I chose a corner seat and pulled out Joe’s transcript of the interrogation by the State police.   I had a hard time concentrating though,  the tables next to me had been pulled together and a number of young students from the compass school were listening to a man speaking with them. He turned out to be Paul Ward, a man who has begun ______. He was speaking about the reality of the police state in America.  Some of the mind-blowing information and facts he stated included these: that the USA has 5% of the worlds population and 25% of the world’s prisoners.  That California has more prisoners than China, and Illinois has more prisoners than spain. Here in VT he said we spend 80 million on prisoners, and another 20 million to send them out of state.  He was not even enthusiastic about restorative justice. His partner S.S. was very nice. I liked her very much, she is very warm, I can see in her eyes. 

      After he had finished talking a young man who was seated there  came up to me and asked if I was the person who had lent him 3 dollars recently, then I remembered - actually I had given it to him. He needed very much to return it, and said that he had written my name on his hand to remember in case he saw me again, since that three dollars really saved him. That was very nice, and helped me from my morning funk. Kyle is his name.  It was very kind of him to remember me. 

In the midday I got a call from L.E. whom I really admire and who gives me great inspiration. Her work to bring the standpoint of gratitude and other headings are absolutely priority.  I find it so odd that she has discovered the same sort of snotty put downs and snubbers as I have when everyone out of the other side of their mouths seems concerned about the welfare of the Earth!   

   I have a problem, a local radio host S.W.is blocking me from the talk show he does, and the papers are as well, how will I get the word out ?  I will put it to prayer and let the universe guide me.  During the afternoon I worked with Tom to get business cards ready, although they were offered as free, they would up being $16.+ after the postage and all.   I am worried about my bank account.  I guess I will try putting THAT to prayer as well. Mother Theresa did that all along and ran a multi million dollar organization without reserves and always had enough. If she needed more well then, prayer brought it to her.  I like that kind of simplicity, it makes it easier to focus on what’s really important. 

   I went to workout and shared the proposed lyrics to You are the center of the Universe with J.?., and made the outline of plans to get together in the next few months and see if we can create the melody.  Then we would of  mpeg it to D.J.  and see if he finds a good electric violin part to add.

I should play some tonight, on both the piano and the guitar.  

I want to move up to Burlington reason number #1: GOOD GOSPEL Singing happening, and give me a chance I could rock!

I made a pretty good macaroni and cheese with hot dogs made from happy cows sold at the coop, and J.P. enjoyed it.  I have a whole bunch of people to catch up with. But am just about to drop asleep in my tracks. Its only 9:32.  Maybe its the cold I have. Now I have met some of the people who really care to help improve matters around the over policing/imprisonment of America.  Very pleased indeed.


No comments:

Post a Comment